User Agreement and Privacy Notice
March 13, 2015
This User Agreement, the User Privacy Notice, set out the terms on which Hunters Helping Hunters USA (“HHH USA” “we” or “us”) offers you access to and use of our auction site (“Services”). You agree to comply with all the above when accessing or using our Services.
The Services allow HHH USA to offer and sell and users to buy products with the proceeds going to support HHH USA.
In connection with using or accessing the Services you will not:
- post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems, policies, or determinations of your account status;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services, applications or tools;
- fail to pay for items purchased by you, unless you have a valid reason;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm HHH USA, or the interests or property of users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose;
- bypass our robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- export or re-export any HHH USA application or tool except in compliance with the export control laws of any relevant jurisdictions and in accordance with posted rules and restrictions;
- reproduce, perform, display, distribute, reverse engineer, or prepare derivative works from content that belongs to or is licensed to HHH USA, or that comes from the Services and belongs to another user or to a third party including works covered by any copyrights, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right, except with prior express permission of eBay and/or any other party holding the right to license such use;
- commercialize any HHH USA application or any information or software associated with such application;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users without their consent; or
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
If we believe or discover that you are abusing the HHH USA website in any of the ways mentioned above or otherwise, we may, in our sole discretion, take any steps to prevent and mitigate such abuse such as limiting, suspending, or terminating your user account(s) and access to our Services, delaying or removing hosted content, removing any special status associated with your account(s), reducing or eliminating any discounts, and taking technical and/or legal steps to prevent you from using our Services.
HHH USA may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue our Services. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse or terminate our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion.
Auction Purchase Conditions
When bidding or buying an item, you agree to that:
- You are responsible for reading the full item listing before making a bid or commitment to buy.
- You enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item or if you have the winning bid (or your bid is otherwise accepted).
Authorization to Contact You; Recording Calls
You agree to receive calls, including autodialed and/or pre-recorded message calls, from us at any of the telephone numbers (including mobile telephone numbers) that we have collected for you as authorized and described in our User Privacy Notice, including telephone numbers you have provided us, or that we have obtained from third parties or collected by our own efforts. If the telephone number that we have collected is a mobile telephone number, you consent to receive SMS or other text messages at that number. Standard telephone minute and text charges may apply if we contact you at a mobile number or device. You agree we may contact you in the manner described above at the telephone numbers we have in our records for these purposes:
- To contact you for reasons relating to your account or your use of our Services (such as to collect a debt, resolve a dispute, or to otherwise enforce our User Agreement) or as authorized by applicable law
- To contact you for marketing, promotional, or other reasons that you have either previously consented to or that you may be asked to consent to in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting us with an opt-out request.
We may share your telephone numbers with our service providers (such as billing or collections companies) who we have contracted with to assist us in pursuing our rights or performing our obligations under the User Agreement, our policies, or any other agreement we may have with you. These service providers may also contact you using autodialed or prerecorded messages calls and/or SMS or other text messages, only as authorized by us to carry out the purposes we have identified above, and not for their own purposes.
We will not share your telephone number with non-affiliated third parties for their purposes without your explicit consent.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
We try to keep our Services safe, secure, and functioning properly, but we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Services. Bid update and other notification functionality may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond HHH USA control.
You agree that you are making use of our Services at your own risk, and that they are being provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all express or implied warranties, terms and conditions including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we (including our officers, directors, agents and employees) are not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, or other intangible losses or any special, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting directly or indirectly from:
- your use of or your inability to use our Services;
- delays or disruptions in our Services;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing, or linking to, our Services;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any Service;
- a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account;
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the amounts you paid HHH USA for products purchased by you through the Services, or (b) $100.
You will indemnify and hold us (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach this Agreement, your improper use of Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
This statement details the steps we take to protect your personal information when you visit our website or use an online application that contains a link to this statement (collectively, the “sites”). This statement also covers information we receive when you contact us (e.g., to submit a comment or query or to seek support with one of our products or services). It describes the personal information that we collect, the purposes for which we use such information and your choices regarding our use of it. The steps we take to protect your personal information and how you can review and correct your personal information are also covered here. By accessing our sites or providing us your information when you contact us, you are consenting to the information collection and use practices described in this privacy statement.
For purposes of this statement, “personal information” means information that identifies a particular individual, such as name, postal address, email address or phone number. When other information, such as email newsletter choices, product purchases or consumer product preferences, is associated with personal information, this other information also becomes personal information.
Our collection of information
Information collected directly from you. Generally, you can visit huntershelpinghuntersusa.org without entering any personal information. On certain pages, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. You may also provide some personal information to us when you contact. The personal information we collect or receive may include:
• contact details, such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and physical address;
• information about your company and job function;
• your e-mail marketing preferences;
• financial information (including credit card or account information);
• Information used to customize and facilitate your use of our sites, including login and technical information;
• inquiries about and orders for our products and services;
• event & auction registration information; and
• feedback from you about HHH USA generally.
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
Information collected automatically. We may collect information about your visit to our sites, including what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access and other actions taken within huntershelpinghuntersusa.org. We may combine this information with your personal information to and use the combined information in accordance with this privacy statement. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language, your operating system, the date and time you access the site and the website from which you linked to one of our sites. We do not combine this standard information with other personal information.
Our use of information
Services and transactions. We use your personal information to deliver services or carry out transactions you have requested, including, but not limited to, providing information on products or services, processing product orders, and facilitating use of our sites.
Website and product improvement. We may use your personal information to perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, our site and our services or to make our site easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing our site to your particular preference or interests.
Communications. We may use your personal information to inform you of products or services available from HHH USA, in which you may be interested and to send you surveys regarding your use of our website. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by contacting us using the contact information listed in this privacy statement.
In addition to the uses listed above, we may use information we have collected in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms & Conditions, violations of law or other misuse of the sites.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory when you visit huntershelpinghuntersusa.org. Cookies are useful because they help arrange the content and layout of our sites and allow us to recognize those computers or other devices that have been to our sites before. Cookies do many different jobs, such as allowing our websites to remember your preference settings and helping us to enhance the usability and performance of our sites and your experience using them.
Our sites also may contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that allow us to count the number of users who have visited specific pages. We may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Setting your cookie preference
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of huntershelpinghuntersusa.org.
Disclosure of your personal information
Except as described below, personal information that we collect about you through our sites or that you provide to us when you contact us will not be shared outside of HHH USA without your permission.
Disclosure to service providers. We contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, sending out information, conducting surveys, processing transactions, analyzing our sites and performing business and other analyses to improve the quality of our business, our site and our services. We provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to deliver those services effectively. These companies and their employees are prohibited from using personal information they receive from us for any other purpose.
Disclosure in connection with transactions. In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to financial institutions, government entities and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfillment of the transaction.
Disclosure for other reasons. We may disclose personal information if required or authorized to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property or, in urgent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of any individual.
HHH USA does not knowingly collect information from children and does not target or direct its site to children.
Links to other sites
Our sites may contain links to other websites such as sponsors and donors. Although we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites.
Enforcement of this privacy statement/Contact Us
If you have questions regarding this statement or our handling of your personal information, please contact us using the contact information listed below. We will promptly address your concern and strive to reach a satisfactory resolution.
Changes to this privacy statement
HHH USA may occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top and bottom of the privacy statement. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use and/or share personal information that we collect about you through the sites, we will notify you by sending you an email at the last email address that you provided us and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on the sites.